The team over at SmashMallows sent us these organic & gluten-free marshmallows & they are Mmmmm! They are known as America's first snackable marshmallows. All of their snacks are made from the best natural ingredients along with a variety of flavors. Since Valentine's day is coming we were inspired to try one of their recipes using the Strawberries & Cream flavored marshmallows!
Their current flavors include: Toasted Coconut Pineapple, Mint Chocolate Chip, Root Beer Float, Meye Lemon Chia Seed, Cinnamon Churro, Espresso Bean & Strawberries & Cream! The links I included are to purchase them in packs of 4 or to buy their variety pack here.
A flavor I'd LOVE to see would be.... Chocolate & Cream. Come on guys! That would be ideal to add to my hot cappuccino in the mornings! Kids really love smashmallows as you can see below, my son ate 2 of the Chocolate Dipped Smashmallows I made! He's got a SWEET TOOTH but for some reason he didn't like the melted chocolate as much..so I had to place his in the freezer to harden for a bit, then he ate it! This Valentine's Day surprise a friend, your hubby or a co-worker with some smashmallows.
Recipe: CHOCOLATE-DIPPED SMASHMALLOWS -
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate cut into squares
- 1 4.5 oz bag Smashmallows (any flavor)
- Edible Gold Leaf flakes (optional) This will give it a professional bakery look. You can purchase some here or here. (Make sure it says edible).
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted. Do not overheat or you will burn the chocolate.
- Using a toothpick or fork, dip Smashmallows half way in melted chocolate, then place on waxed paper or aluminum foil & let harden.
- Felling extra adventurous? Garnish with edible gold leaf, a sprinkle of nuts or a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Makes 16 one-bite treats!
"Love Affair" original lip paintings available for purchase here.
pics by jen ramos